This Sunday, January 14, we will begin a two-part series titled “Listening With the Heart.” We will explore several questions over the next two Sundays:
- Does God still speak to today’s church?
- Is there a difference in hearing and listening?
- How do we equip ourselves to listen for the voice of God?
- How do we know it is God’s voice and not our own?
- Are we bold enough to respond to God when the word we hear God speaking is difficult?
These are just some of the questions we will answer as we reexamine Samuel’s call in 1 Samuel 3: 1-20. I invite you in preparation for this mini-series to reread this familiar text and intentionally listen for the voice of God.
Photo by Evans E