This is an UMCOR certified training for Disaster Response ministries of Volunteers in Mission. Non-United Methodist participants are welcome, but will not be badged or deployed through the UMCOR-UMVIM ministry network. Verification forms or clearances are required from UMs on the day of the training—badges will not be issued for participants until they are received. Early Response Team trainings will be offered on August 11th from 9am - 5pm at the Nanty Glo UMC, 998 Lloyd Street, Nanty Glo, PA 15943. Doors open at 8:30am.
- Class attendees will receive an updated ERT Manual and T - Shirt.
- Successful completion will result in participants being badged for a three year certification and supplied with the information that will give badged ERT participants the information to deal with situations in local communities as a result of natural disasters.
- All participants are required to have verification from the local church that they have completed Safe Sanctuary Training and have received necessary Background checks.
- The necessary forms for Safe Sanctuary certification or verification can be found within the on-line registration at wpaumc.org.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Photo by Hannah Terry, The Texas Conference