Traditionally, SUMC has selected a United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) relief kit to assemble and deliver to AC at Grove City College each June. UMCOR keeps an inventory of relief kits ready for its ongoing ministries and for emergency responses. Just two types of kits are currently needed: hygiene kits and cleaning kits. SUMC will assemble hygiene kits. In order to assemble those, the following new items are needed:
- Hand towels (15 x 25 inches to 17 x 27 inches)
- Adult Toothbrushes
- Adhesive bandages (¾ to 1 inch-size)
- Bath soaps (at least 3 oz. – No Ivory or Jergens)
- Sturdy combs longer than 6 inches
- Metal nail files or finger nail clippers
You may either purchase the needed items or, if you prefer, let the Outreach Committee shop for you by donating the funds—just mark Hygiene Kits on your donation; you may also donate via Easy Tithe. Items are needed by May 27th.